Mr. Hardman

Hi, my name is John Hardman. I am a student at the University of South Alabama.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Teaching Philosophy

I have a very simple teaching philosophy. I feel that school should be a place that facilitates learning through fun and creative ways. I guess you could call me a progressive, but I'm not a huge fan of tests and I absolutely don't like class long lectures. So when I'm a teacher, I plan on have a more interactive classroom than what I had as a student. I like to assign projects and reports more than I like to assign busy work. I know that test, lectures, and busy work are an important part of the classroom, but I feel that you can supplement them with fun and interesting ways of teaching. Hopefully my future classroom with be a fun place to be, yet a place where students will learn.

No comments: